Today Thursday 10th September is World Suicide Prevention day themed ‘Preventing Suicide: Reaching Out and Saving Lives’
Some facts to think about:
- Over 800,000 people die by suicide across the world each year.
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death among 15 – 29 year olds.
- More people die from suicide than from murder and war; it is the 13th leading cause of death worldwide
- Every week in Ireland 10 people die by suicide.
- 8 out of those 10 are male.
“By doing small things we can break the silence around mental illness” – please spread the word.